The roles and responsibilities of the School Council are to:
Take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions;
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school; and
- the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
- a charge or contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
- the costs determined by the principal to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program;
- the items determined by the principal to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the school’s educational program; and
- an agreement or arrangement for advertising or sponsorship in relation to a government school.
- in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school.
Provide advice to the principal of the school:
- on a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
- on allowing time for the special religious education of students in the school, up to a total of 40 hours in a year.
- the school in the community.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the School Council, please contact Ms Kylie Ruscoe on 08 9621 5600.